Have a Question About Buying a Home in Lusby and surrounding areas?
Kenneth Powell Has Answers!
Whether you're a first-time homebuyer or an experienced investor in Lusby and surrounding areas, it's always a good idea to brush up on your real estate knowledge before you begin your home search. That way, you're equipped with the tools required to make a confident homebuying decision. Here are some of the most common questions we get asked about buying a home in Lusby and surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Lusby and surrounding areas Buying Questions
How do I start my homebuying journey?
- If this is your first time buying a home, congratulations! There’s plenty you’ll need to know, and Kenneth Powell is here to help you every step of the way. Start here to learn more about buying your first home in Lusby and surrounding areas.
- Ready to find your perfect place to call home? There are so many charming neighborhoods and distinct communities in and around Lusby and surrounding areas, and we'd love to be your guide to the area.
- As you start exploring homes for sale in Lusby and surrounding areas, it’s important to set a budget that you’ll be able to afford. Use our handy mortgage calculator to see what a monthly mortgage payment might look like for you.
How do I search for homes in Lusby and surrounding areas?
- There are always quite a few factors to consider when you’re searching for a new home, and a lot depends on your lifestyle. Common considerations include how close you are to local amenities, the size of the home you’ll need, and any features you know you’ll want.
- Use our home search tool to browse both available and sold listings in Lusby and surrounding areas. You’ll be able to narrow down properties based on your criteria and save your favorite searches. Plus, you can sign up to get instant alerts when a new home becomes available!
Why should I use a real estate agent?
- Real estate agents are invaluable throughout the homebuying process. Our team will guide you through the entire transaction, from helping you choose a property that fits your budget to negotiating the final offer.
- No one knows Lusby and surrounding areas like Kenneth Powell. You can count on us to provide insight into the neighborhoods and communities around the area and help you find the right spot for you.
- When it comes to getting the home you want at a price you can afford, our team knows how to negotiate and make a deal that works for you long-term.
How do I find the right mortgage?
- Mortgage loans are typically available through banks, credit unions, private mortgage companies, and government lenders.
- Kenneth Powell can help connect you with lenders. You can also shop for lenders on your own, but make sure you take time to search around and compare rates. Calling local government agencies can also help you learn more about programs that might be available to you.
What if I have bad credit or no down payment?
- You might qualify for a federal mortgage program or local homebuying assistance program.
- The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) helps homebuyers by offering insured loans. This means that if the buyer defaults, the lender will still get their money. Insured loans encourage lenders to work with more buyers regardless of their credit or available down payment.
- Many state and local governments offer additional programs for buyers who meet various criteria or are buying within individual communities.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) also offers many assistance programs to homebuyers.
What will I have to pay up front?
- Earnest money: This is the "security deposit" you pay when you submit your offer to prove to the seller that you are serious. After your offer is accepted, it is applied towards your closing costs.
- Down payment: This is a percentage of the cost of your home. The amount will depend on your loan; government programs can help decrease this amount.
- Closing costs: These are typically low for buyers and represent the fees associated with paperwork and lender charges.
What other costs will I pay?
- Other costs can include utilities, HOA or condo fees, and property taxes—which are typically included in your mortgage payment.
- You can count on our team to help you discover any additional fees associated with your particular home, community, or neighborhood.