Lusby and surrounding areas Moving Tips
Let's get you ready to move into your brand-new home! Kenneth Powell has the relocation tips and tricks you need to take moving day from stressful to simple. Our essential checklist is sure to help you create an easy, hassle-free moving experience.
Before You Move
Our biggest moving tip? Start early! The sooner you start preparing, the easier the rest of the move will be. Here are the first few actions you can take to get your move underway and ahead of schedule.
Organize and declutter
Start one room at a time and begin to organize and declutter. Set aside anything that can be donated, sold, or thrown away. The less you have, the less you'll have to pack!
Lighten the load
Host a yard sale to get rid of any unwanted clothing, furniture, or decor. You might also consider donating any shoes or clothing in good condition.
Change your address
It usually takes a few weeks for the post office to process your change of address and start forwarding your mail, so request it well before the move.
Handy Packing Tips
- Reinforce: Use sturdy, reinforced boxes. Make sure to use bubble wrap and other packing material for fragile items.
- Innovate: Pack dishes, bowls, plates, and other glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked. For extra padding, pack glasses and stemware inside socks.
- Pack small: Pack heavier items in smaller boxes so they're easier to carry.
- Prevent leaks: Remove the tops and cover the openings of soaps, shampoos, and lotions with cling wrap, then twist the caps back on. You can also use cling wrap around dresser drawers or jewelry displays to keep them intact, or around furniture to prevent scratches.
- Prepare: Create an "Open Me First" box containing personal items that you will need immediately, such as toilet paper, soap, instant coffee, tools and box cutters, and paper dishes. Make sure it's one of the first things off the moving truck.
- Label, label, label! There's nothing worse than trying to unpack a disorganized mess! Make the transition to your new home seamless by carefully organizing and labeling boxes by room so you'll know just where to put them in your new house.
On Moving Day
The big day is here! There are a lot of little details that can feel overwhelming, so staying organized is key. Here are some tips to make your move a breeze.
After You Move
A little extra cleaning during move-in will make you love your home even more! It's much easier to clean before your belongings are unpacked.
Unpack by room
To avoid disorganization, make sure to unpack room by room. It also breaks the task into more manageable pieces of the larger process.
Enjoy your new home!
It's officially time: sit back, relax, and enjoy life in your new home! There's so much to explore in Lusby and surrounding areas—what are you going to do first?
We're Here to Help You Buy a Home in Lusby and surrounding areas
Whether you still have general questions or you're ready to jump into house-hunting, Kenneth Powell is here to help every step of the way. When you're ready to explore buying a home or real estate in Lusby and surrounding areas, get in touch with Kenneth Powell. We have all the resources you need!